This month's theme focuses on Member/Family Greet & Mingle Appreciation Day. For this meeting, we'll start by taking some time to thank family & members of LFSC. This will also be a great opportunity for everyone to meet someone new.
Date: Saturday, October 17, 2020
Time: 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you are concerned about your privacy on Zoom and wish to remain anonymous, here are some steps you can take:
- Leave your video camera turned off.
- Change your displayed screen name. Click here for steps on how to do this.
Donations for the 2020 Lupus Research Alliance Walk with Us to Cure Lupus are still being accepted!
The Virtual Walk Day on Saturday, September 12, 2020 was a rousing success, and though this day has passed, the event continues. We're so proud to support the Lupus Research Alliance once again, and your donations can still help the cause!
If you'd like to donate to our team, click the button below. Anything you give will go a long way. The LRA Board of Directors are covering all fundraising and administrative costs, so 100% of your gift will directly support the most innovative and promising lupus research programs. Thank you!
The LFSC is a participant in AmazonSmile, a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
All you need to do is visit smile.amazon.com and search for the Lupus Foundation of Southern California, and every time you make an Amazon purchase through smile.amazon.com, you will be raising money for the LFSC!
It’s that simple. Plus, it’s free to you, the consumer. The sooner you enroll, the more it helps the cause!
To Our Lupus Community,
Your health and safety are Priority One! While everyone has been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19), we understand our Lupus Warriors are extremely vulnerable at this time. Therefore, due to concerns for your wellbeing and following the governor’s guidance to avoid or slow the spread of the disease, we have made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone our upcoming events as follows:
- Doctors’ Panel Cancelled: We will do our best to reschedule this event in the fall of 2020.
- Golf Tournament Postponed: We are working with Twin Oaks Golf Course to reschedule this event for late summer or early fall of this year.
Don’t be a victim of COVID-19 Fraudsters. We are concerned about increased fraud and email scams since the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Cyber actors may send emails with malicious attachments or links to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities. Here are some helpful tips to avoid being a victim:
- Avoid clicking on links or attachments in unsolicited emails.
- Use trusted sources for information on COVID-19, such as government websites
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in an email, and do not respond to emails requesting such information
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0074-giving-charity
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and update you as changes occur. Please check out our website at www.lupussocal.org to get more information. Or follow us on Instagram and Twitter @lupussocal and our Facebook page, Lupus Foundation of Southern California.
Remember, our volunteers are here to help! If you need anything (e.g., groceries or medicine picked up; letters mailed; boxes shipped; etc.), please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 858-278-2788.
Your donation of any amount helps us provide valuable services and support to the lupus community in San Diego and beyond. With a minimum donation of $35, you will become a member of the Lupus Foundation of Southern California.