Lupus Fact of the Day
May is Lupus Awareness month! To highlight the importance of spreading lupus awareness, we'll be sharing one lupus fact each day this month. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for daily facts, lupus warrior spotlights, and more!
Hello Lupus Warriors! We miss you so much and we want to continue to be here for you during these difficult times. We will be having our first ever FREE Virtual Support Group on Zoom this coming Saturday. Please note, to ensure the security of the group and privacy of our members, registration for this event will be required.
Date: Saturday, May 23, 2020
Time: 10:30 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
While we are looking forward to getting back to normal, we still want to provide a safe space to talk. We want this to be an open discussion for everyone to reconnect as a community. We hope this can be an opportunity to answer questions and share conversation.
If you are concerned about your privacy on Zoom and wish to remain anonymous, there are some steps you can take:
- Leave your video camera turned off.
- Change your displayed screen name. Click here for steps on how to do this.
We will also be posting these details on Facebook and Instagram. Please share with your friends and family!
To Our Lupus Community,
Your health and safety are Priority One! While everyone has been impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19), we understand our Lupus Warriors are extremely vulnerable at this time. Therefore, due to concerns for your wellbeing and following the governor’s guidance to avoid or slow the spread of the disease, we have made the difficult decision to cancel or postpone our upcoming events as follows:
- Doctors’ Panel Cancelled: We will do our best to reschedule this event in the fall of 2020.
- Golf Tournament Postponed: We are working with Twin Oaks Golf Course to reschedule this event for late summer or early fall of this year.
Don’t be a victim of COVID-19 Fraudsters. We are concerned about increased fraud and email scams since the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Cyber actors may send emails with malicious attachments or links to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities. Here are some helpful tips to avoid being a victim:
- Avoid clicking on links or attachments in unsolicited emails.
- Use trusted sources for information on COVID-19, such as government websites
- Do not reveal personal or financial information in an email, and do not respond to emails requesting such information
- Verify a charity’s authenticity before making donations. Review the Federal Trade Commission’s page on Charity Scams for more information https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0074-giving-charity
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and update you as changes occur. Please check out our website at www.lupussocal.org to get more information. Or follow us on Instagram and Twitter @lupussocal and our Facebook page, Lupus Foundation of Southern California.
Remember, our volunteers are here to help! If you need anything (e.g., groceries or medicine picked up; letters mailed; boxes shipped; etc.), please do not hesitate to email email@example.com or call us at 858-278-2788.
Your donation of any amount helps us provide valuable services and support to the lupus community in San Diego and beyond. With a minimum donation of $35, you will become a member of the Lupus Foundation of Southern California.